This body butter is rich, decadent and smells divine! This particular recipe smells so great that whenever I make it, my kids ask to eat it! Not only does it smell great, but it is great for the skin, especially dry Colorado winters. Shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil come together to create a butter that deeply hydrates and soothes dry, itchy skin. To top things off, this butter is simple to make, making it an all around awesome homemade holiday gift for friends and family!
Cookies and Cream Body Butter Recipe
8 fluid oz Shea butter (or 6 oz by weight)
4 fluid oz Cocoa butter (or 3.5 oz by weight)
4 fluid oz Coconut Oil (or 3.5 oz by weight)
15 drops Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Yields: 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) of body butter
- Measure your ingredients.
- Put the shea butter into a large mixing bowl and break it up into small pieces with a spoon (we are going to blend in the shea butter by hand rather than heating it. If you heat shea butter, it will take on a slightly gritty feel.)
- Melt Cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler until they are completely melted.
- Pour melted cocoa butter and coconut oil over the shea butter.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
- Continue to blend with a hand mixer until you get a fluffy, whipped butter. You want it to peak like egg whites.
- Pour into clean jars and add cute holiday labels 🙂